Here at SPEX, we love to look at life in all of its dimensions.
However, you might be wondering what is SPEX?
We are a friendly, fun group of philosophers who love being out in nature as much asking the big questions in life.
Taking a tour with SPEX will give you a better understanding of your own life. You don’t need any academic training to begin this unique journey.
We ask questions that matter in your own personal life, such as:
- What is my purpose?
- What’s the right thing to do?
- How do I deal with grief? And, what exactly is grief anyway?
- Why is happiness important?
In short, you will take some time to understand yourself.
To “know thyself” seems so simple, yet for many of us it is elusive.
Life rushes on around us. We often feel that we don’t have time to breathe–let alone think. Between caring for our kids, our career, and our parents, thinking about the big questions in life seems like a luxury. It is, actually, kind of luxurious, and also deeply rewarding. Not taking time for ourselves can make us feel unfulfilled or anxious. But, when we take the time to contemplate these questions and get clear about our values, we may find answers that help us understand who we truly are. To do this, we have to indulge, and to dare to take the time.
“We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” May Sarton [1912-1995]
At SPEX, you will find a safe and inspiring space to take a deep dive into these questions. You will be surrounded by spectacular Sedona scenery, as you gently approach questions about your life and discover new ways to approach them that are drawn from old and new traditions, from the east and from the west.
- What is success? Why does success matter?
- Who am I?
- Is this the real me? (Am I being authentic?)
- What should I do with my life? What is my purpose?
- What should my relationship with nature be?
- What is meaningful in my life?
As you explore your own inner life, you will bring joy into it! We agree with Aristotle:
“Happiness is an activity of the soul.”
With SPEX, you will have a delightful experience, as you integrate the mind and body, spirit and soul as you take steps toward a deeper understanding of yourself.
Please call us today to schedule your SPEX experience tomorrow!
- We have group hikes (limited to 6) every Saturday at Red Rock State Park.
- Our next retreat on “Friendship and Nature” is December 1-3, in beautiful Sedona!